Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

20 Things To Do On A Rainy Day

tumblr_lf3fygU1YT1qgodmlo1_500_large

The last couple of days it has been raining on and off a lot and I’ve been trying to think of things to do when the weather is awful so that I don’t get so bored and have come up with a list which I thought I’d share on here so the next time it rains you’ll have some ideas of what to do to keep yourself occupied and relieve the boredom.

- Listen to some music or discover some new music using last.fm. I’m listening to Ginny Blackmore and James Arthur on repeat lately.

- Curl up with a warm fuzzy blanket and take a well earned nap. I have a big purple fuzzy blanket that I like to wrap around myself when its cold and wet outside.

- Write a creative article for a blog or website or start your own blog or website if you haven’t already.

- Work out at home to YouTube videos

- Take up a new hobby. I bake usually but Princess just got a knitting loom that we both need to learn to use.

- Video the rain, edit it, add some music and share it.

- Rearrange your house. Whether it be moving furniture around, tidying the kitchen cupboards, throwing out old food in the fridge or sorting your wardrobe. I’m sorting through Princess’s toys and books to sell or give to the op shop.

- Deep clean your house. I need to do this!

- Pamper yourself. Give yourself a mani and pedi. Try out a facial scrub or give yourself a top to toe makeover. A nice warm bath with candles and a Lush bath bomb would be lovely.

- Make a hot drink. Whether its lemon and honey to fight off the winter ills or a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows. Mmmm…

- Start an autobiography. Writing about yourself can be daunting especially if you are humble and modest but you may bring up pleasant memories and feelings you had forgot about.

- Try out new recipes and add them to your own cookbook. I have my grandmother’s old exercise book and am constantly adding to it by cutting out interesting recipes from magazines. You could do the same.

- Buy Christmas stocking stuffers online even though it isn’t Christmas yet. I like to do this when the sales are on and I can put them away and not have to worry at the last minute about buying some.

- Relax with a glass of wine or a fancy cocktail. Chocolate martini anyone?

- Start watching a television series. I have been watching the new season of True Blood and a reality show called Whodunnit? (check it out) and I want to catch up on Defiance and Game of Thrones too.

- Get your family together and have a fun photo shoot. Wear funny hats or each other’s clothes and snap away.

- Turn out all the lights and do everything by candle light. I love candlelight dinners.

- Read a good book. Goodreads has some good recommendations. At the moment I’m not reading anything so I need to get back to it.

- Get your raincoat, gumboots and umbrella out and go for a walk in the rain. It’s not so bad and you can always change clothes afterwards.

- Check out my Web Wednesday blog posts for some interesting online stuff to look at.

What do you like to do on a rainy day when you are bored?

xxx.

2 comments:

  1. great ideas! i like to either organize or spa day. or movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete