Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

DIY Bath Crystals into Body Scrub

If you are anything like me, you have probably been given some form of what I refer to as “smellies” for a gift at some point. In other words, a bath or shower beauty product of some kind or a gift set including an assortment of them.

It can be annoying when you get a bath product but only have a shower and so the bath items end up languishing in the back of the bathroom cupboard either growing mold or eventually get tossed out, re gifted, given to a charity shop or sold on Ebay.

Its perfectly fine to do just that but wouldn’t it be great though if you could use them by actually, turning your bath product into something you could use in the shower!

001 (5)

I, myself got given a glittery bath and shower gift set for Christmas and while I am using the shower products I don’t have a bath so the bath crystals, bath bombs and bubble bath in the set I haven’t been able to use.

I have been using the body scrub so much that I found it near empty yesterday and decided to use the container and turn the bath crystals into a body scrub.

001

All I needed was the bath crystals and some vegetable oil. Ideally you should use extra virgin coconut oil but any vegetable oil you have in your kitchen cupboard will do. I have heard you shouldn’t use baby oil though as it tends to dry out your skin once its washed off. In my case, I used rice bran oil.

003

It would also be wise to crush the bath crystals down into a more bath salts consistency as it makes the body scrub a lot more user friendly.

All you need to do is get a bowl and put the crushed up bath crystals in it and add the oil until the scrub is at the consistency that you prefer and then transfer the scrub into an empty container or bottle. And voila!

005

You needn’t add any scent to it as the bath crystals are already scented but if you have unscented ones you can add a few drops of an essential oil of your choosing, should you wish.

Have you turned a bath product into a shower one before? I’m going to turn my bath bombs into a shower gel next…

xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment