Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Dukkah, Soap and Flags

DSC02978
 
It is Queens Birthday weekend and yesterday was Waihi Beach’s annual art and craft show. Husband, Princess and I go every year as we have friend’s with stalls there. One of our friend’s came up from the South Island to go to it for the first time (and to see us). She sells hand painted saws, does face painting, clay work, gemstones and crystals and our other friend sells beautiful paintings and does portraits for people on the spot!

We headed to the show a half an hour too early, doing this on purpose so as to secure a car park before it got really busy. When the doors opened at 10am we rushed inside, paid our $3 per adult and I went browsing while Husband went and chatted to our friend’s and looked after Princess. 

I spent $5.80 on two handmade soaps, Mango and Vanilla. I adore vanilla scents and hand made natural soaps! I detest the ones you get from the supermarket because they tend to irritate my skin and aren’t good for my dermatitis.

I bought a packet of Tuscan Dukkah and a packet of Egyptian Dukkah at $5 per pack. Its great for dipping bread with olive oil but I’d like to try some in salads as suggested on the packets.

I had been on the hunt for some fabric bunting to put up in Princess’s loft but hadn’t found any I REALLY loved and had been considering making my own. I did find a stall selling some but I didn’t like their designs. I did find a really awesome stall (that I now wish I had taken photos of) that had the most adorable little girls range and started browsing when what should I see but some fabric bunting! It was $15 and I got some in hot pink and pink floral – perfect! They had some vintage inspired aprons and I wanted to get one for Princess but didn’t, there is always next year!

We had morning tea there which was being run by the Lions Club. I had some yummy sandwiches, Princess had some pikelets with jam and cream and juice and Husband had a cheese and onion toasted sandwich and a cup of tea. Not too bad! We chatted to our friends for a bit and then went around to another friend’s for coffee and a catch up before we headed home, picking up some French bread for the dukkah on the way.

How did you spend your weekend?

xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment