Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Color Pop


After my last two posts here and here that both feature brightly coloured dresses I thought it only appropriate that I do an outfit post featuring a brightly coloured dress. This is the only solid brightly coloured dress I own, most of my dresses are either LBD's or prints! Clashing bright colours are one of the major trends for Spring/Summer 2011 but I personally prefer to wear only a couple of brightly coloured pieces paired with basic black.

The dress I'm wearing I have worn before and my usual black leggings from Glassons which are great for under too shorter dresses and skirts! The black shrug is from Supre and is great for layering when the weather gets a bit cooler. Its Autumn here!


I bought the scissor earrings I'm wearing from Diva along with 3 other pairs including the skull earrings. I'm a real sucker for interesting quirky jewellery! I can't remember where I got the silver bangle but I do remember it came in a set of 3 and the other 2 are missing... somewhere.

The small pink box handbag I bought for a wedding I attended a couple of years ago. Its super gorgeous and I love it paired with the dress but the strap kept slipping off my shoulder while I was taking these photos so I took it off before I took full body photos. Annoying!

The huge anchor necklace I bought from Jay Jays back in August when I was all about sailor style. I still love the chunkyness of it though! The heels I bought from Forever 21 when they were part of an Alice in Wonderland inspired collection they did and although they look pretty at a distance they are terribly uncomfortable and the slip guard? on the sole came off on the right shoe when I was strolling through wet grass amongst the trees to take photos! Elegant!

Will you be embracing the bright colour trend? 

And please if you haven't already, donate now to the Red Cross to help those affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.


No comments:

Post a Comment