Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Autumn Arrival





Sorry for the blogging absence but I have been sick along with everyone else in our household. Princess wound up in hospital over the weekend with a high fever, vomiting and diarrhoea. Great!

On Tuesday, which was also officially the first day of Autumn, we left Reefton for Omoto Racecourse. When we arrived I noticed the temperature had definitely dropped and I wound up having to put on a warm cardigan and some tights. The ground was pretty wet and soft too as it kept raining on and off so I swapped my heels for some boots. I was so glad that I did as it has gotten increasingly cold since!


 

Dress: Gifted; Cardigan and boots: The Warehouse; DIY embellished tights; Locket: Gifted by my grandparents on my christening; Earrings: Diva

The dress was a gift from my sister in law and when I first tried it on I thought it didn't fit me until I realised I hadn't unzipped it. The zip is in a weird place so I'm not surprised I didn't notice it! The locket was bought for me by my grandparents and given to me when I was christened. Although you can't see it in the photos, it is engraved on the back with my name and christening date. 

The tights I embellished myself with doillies I bought for 50 cents from a thrift shop in Upper Hutt and using the DIY tutorial that Erin did for Modcloth. The cardigan I bought last winter when we came south and it was freezing and the boots and earrings are both new purchases.

I'm hoping to wear these boots constantly over winter when I can find my suede protection spray.

What lovely outfits have you been wearing lately?

xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment