Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Radical Self Love Questions


Don't forget its Radical Self Love month thanks to Gala Darling and she has given out some more homework, hence I'm completing it here as well as in my journal.

WHAT DOES RADICAL SELF LOVE MEAN TO YOU?

Radical Self Love, to me, means being completely comfortable and happy with who you are, maintaining balance in all areas of your life and accepting that your differences to others are what make you an interesting and unique person.

IF YOU WERE ENGAGING IN RADICAL SELF LOVE ON A DAILY BASIS, WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE?

It would look like something that is unique and naturally beautiful both inside and out! Personally it would be me doing something every day which makes me happy whether it be going out shopping with friends, drinking a good cup of coffee, dressing up in something fun or relaxing in a nice warm bath. Just something that makes me feel good!

WHAT SMALL PIECES OF THAT CAN YOU BRING INTO YOUR LIFE TODAY?

Not just scheduling some "me" time which I find really hard to do having a demanding and active 2 year old but wearing my new lingerie (plum wine/lemon colour) I got for Valentines Day which makes me not only happy but makes me feel sexy and confident! Eating dark chocolate as well which not only tastes great but is really good for you!

WHAT QUALITIES OR ATTRIBUTES WOULD YOU LIKE TO BRING INTO YOUR OWN LIFE VIA THE APPLICATION OF RADICAL SELF LOVE?

I would like to be a more confident and happy person who is non-judgemental of myself as well as other people.

WHAT BELIEFS DO YOU CURRENTLY HOLD THAT ARE STIFLING YOUR REGULAR EXPRESSION OF RADICAL SELF LOVE?

The belief that I should look and act a certain way as that expressed in the media and in society in general and also my wanting to do things to make other people happy when these things don't necessarily make me a happy person. 

ARE THE PEOPLE AND ACTIVITIES IN YOUR LIFE HELPING OR HINDERING YOU IN YOUR QUEST FOR RADICAL SELF LOVE? WOULD YOU BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT THEM?

I try my best to stay away from people who speak negatively about myself and other people. I do find it hard to do things that make me feel confident and happy because I have a child who's very demanding and active but I would definitely not be better off without her as I love her way too much! Its me that needs to make the effort to make more time for myself!

HOW CAN YOU REFLECT RADICAL SELF LOVE IN THE WAY YOU SPEAK, THE WAY YOU DRESS, THE WAY YOU DECORATE YOUR HOUSE, THE WORK YOU DO?

I can be more positive when talking about myself and other people and stop using negative lanuguage. I can get dressed up, wear makeup and heels so that I feel more confident. I can declutter my home and try to keep it clean and tidy. I can relish the time I spend with my daughter knowing that when she gets older, she'll be wanting to spend less time with me. I can be confident in knowing that I'm a great mother and that she'll grow up wanting to express her own radical self love!



WHO COULD YOU USE AS A RADICAL SELF LOVE ROLE MODEL?

Both Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Garner who as mothers with children seem so confident and manage to balance all areas of their life. They seem to lead happy lives and I never hear of them talking negatively about themselves or other people!

And thats it for now! I look forward to hearing your answers and getting the next lot of Radical Self Love homework from Gala Darling!

xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment